Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Thoracic Surgery Clinics
- Pulmonary neuroendocrine (carcinoid) tumors: european neuroendocrine tumor society expert consensus and recommendations for best practice for typical and atypical pulmonary carcinoids.Ann Oncol. 2015; 26: 1604-1620
- Evaluation of the prognostic significance of TNM staging guidelines in lung carcinoid tumors.J Thorac Oncol. 2019; 14: 184-192
- The 2015 world health organization classification of lung tumors: impact of genetic, clinical and radiologic advances since the 2004 classification.J Thorac Oncol. 2015; 10: 1243-1260
- Pulmonary neuroendocrine/carcinoid tumors: a review article.Cancer. 2009; 115: 4434-4441
- Management of carcinoid tumors.Ann Thorac Surg. 2010; 89: 998-1005
- Nationwide multicenter study on the management of pulmonary neuroendocrine (carcinoid) tumors.Endocr Connect. 2018; 7: 8-15
- Long-term outcomes and prognostic factors of patients with pulmonary carcinoid tumors.Neoplasma. 2015; 62: 478-483
- Bronchial carcinoid tumors: surgical management and long-term outcome.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2002; 123: 303-309
- Pulmonary neuroendocrine tumors: adjuvant and systemic treatments.Curr Treat Options Oncol. Aug 29 2020; 21: 86
- Lung and thymic carcinoids: ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines for diagnosis, treatment and follow-up.Ann Oncol. 2021; 32: 439-451
- Clinical-pathologic challenges in the classification of pulmonary neuroendocrine neoplasms and targets on the horizon for future clinical practice.J Thorac Oncol. 2021; 16: 1632-1646
- The 2021 WHO classification of lung tumors: impact of advances Since 2015.J Thorac Oncol. 2022; 17: 362-387
- Morphologic and molecular classification of lung neuroendocrine neoplasms.Virchows Arch. 2021; 478: 5-19
- The IASLC lung cancer staging project: proposals for the inclusion of broncho-pulmonary carcinoid tumors in the forthcoming (seventh) edition of the TNM classification for lung cancer.J Thorac Oncol. 2008; 3: 1213-1223
Neuroendocrine and Adrenal Tumors: NCCN Evidence Blocks, Available at: www.nccn.org. Accessed July 19, 2022 2022.
Sellke F., del Nido P. and Swanson S., Bronchopulmonary carcinoids. Sabiston & Spencer surgery of the chest, 9th edition, 2016, Elsevier Health Sciences, Philadelphia, PA, chap 22.
- Role of adjuvant chemotherapy in pulmonary carcinoids: an NCDB analysis.Anticancer Res. 2019; 39: 6835-6842
- Adjuvant therapy for lung neuroendocrine neoplasms.World J Clin Oncol. 2021; 12: 664-674
- The role of adjuvant therapy for atypical bronchopulmonary carcinoids.Lung Cancer. 2019; 131: 90-94
- Impact of adjuvant chemotherapy in non-metastatic node positive bronchial neuroendocrine tumors (BNET).J Clin Oncol. 2017; 35: 8533
- Is sublobar resection equivalent to lobectomy for surgical management of peripheral carcinoid?.Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2013; 16: 858-863
- A national study of surgically managed atypical pulmonary carcinoid tumors.Ann Thorac Surg. 2021; 112: 921-927
- Surgical treatment of bronchial carcinoid tumors: a single-center experience.Lung Cancer. 2010; 70: 158-162
- Outcome and surgical strategy in bronchial carcinoid tumors: single institution experience with 252 patients.Eur J Cardio Thorac Surg. 2007; 31: 186-191
- Perioperative mortality and morbidity after sublobar versus lobar resection for early-stage non-small-cell lung cancer: post-hoc analysis of an international, randomised, phase 3 trial (CALGB/Alliance 140503).Lancet Respir Med. 2018; 6: 915-924
- Comparison of pulmonary segmentectomy and lobectomy: Safety results of a randomized trial.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2019; 158: 895-907
- Surgical management of pulmonary carcinoid tumors: sublobar resection versus lobectomy.Am J Surg. 2013; 205: 200-208
- Is sublobar resection sufficient for carcinoid tumors?.Ann Thorac Surg. 2011; 92: 1774-1779
- Sublobar resection in the treatment of peripheral typical carcinoid tumors of the lung.Ann Thorac Surg. 2019; 108: 859-865
Rahouma M, Kamel M, Narula N, et al. Role of wedge resection in bronchial carcinoid (BC tumors: SEER database analysis, J Thor Dis, 11(4), 1355–62.
- Wedge resection is equal to segmental resection for pulmonary typical carcinoid patients at localized stage: a population-based analysis.PeerJ. 2019; 7: e7519
- Anatomical resections are superior to wedge resections for overall survival in patients with Stage 1 typical carcinoids.Eur J Cardio Thorac Surg. 2019; 55: 273-279
- Wedge resection offers similar survival to segmentectomy for typical carcinoid tumors.Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2022; 34: 293-298
- Quantifying the safety benefits of wedge resection: a society of thoracic surgery database propensity-matched analysis.Ann Thorac Surg. 2014; 98: 1705-1712
- Surgical procedure selection for stage I lung cancer: complex segmentectomy versus wedge resection.Clin Lung Cancer. 2021; 22: e224-e233
- Anatomic pulmonary resection is associated with improved survival in typical carcinoid lung tumor patients.J Surg Res. 2022; 275: 352-360
- Extent of resection and lymph node assessment for clinical stage T1aN0M0 typical carcinoid tumors.Ann Thorac Surg. 2018; 105: 207-213