To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Thoracic Surgery Clinics
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Achalasia: incidence, prevalence and survival. A population-based study.Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2010; 22: e256-e261
- Peroral (poem) or surgical myotomy for the treatment of achalasia: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Arq Gastroenterol. 2020; 57 (Available at:) (Accessed July 20, 2022): 79-86
- Chicago Classification update (version 4.0): technical review on diagnostic criteria for achalasia.Neuro Gastroenterol Motil. 2021; 33: e14182
- Chicago classification version 4.0 and its impact on current clinical practice.Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2021; 17: 468-475
- Peroral endoscopic myotomy (POEM) for esophageal achalasia.Endoscopy. 2010; 42: 265-271
- Two-person technique of peroral endoscopic myotomy for achalasia with an advanced endoscopist and a thoracic surgeon: initial experience.Can J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2016; 2016: 1-6
- Effect of peroral endoscopic myotomy vs pneumatic dilation on symptom severity and treatment outcomes among treatment-naive patients with achalasia: a randomized clinical trial.JAMA. 2019; 322: 134-144
- Long-term results of the European achalasia trial: a multicentre randomised controlled trial comparing pneumatic dilation versus laparoscopic Heller myotomy.Gut. 2016; 65: 732-739
- POEM vs Laparoscopic heller myotomy and fundoplication: which is now the gold standard for treatment of achalasia?.J Gastrointest Surg. 2017; 21: 207-214
- Peroral endoscopic myotomy as a novel treatment for achalasia: patient selection and perspectives.Clin Exp Gastroenterol. 2020; 13: 485-495
- The preoperative manometric pattern predicts the outcome of surgical treatment for esophageal achalasia.J Gastrointest Surg. 2010; 14: 1635-1645
- Peroral endoscopic myotomy provides effective palliation in type III achalasia.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2022; 163: 512-519.e1
- Endoscopic or surgical myotomy in patients with idiopathic achalasia.N Engl J Med. 2019; 381: 2219-2229
Published online: February 26, 2023
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
© 2023 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.